We couldn’t BEGIN to describe the fabulousness of last Saturday’s Trendsetter Leadership Summit if we tried. It’s always the highlight of our year here at Trend Tribe HQ, because not only do we jam-pack a day full of life-changing workshops and panels, but we get the chance to bring the Trend Tribe family all together and see our Trendsetters in person. It reminds us of a very well-dressed Thanksgiving dinner.
While we were in love with every second of that day, lets break it down and share our Top 10 moments of the #TTSummit. (That was our hashtag for the day – check it out of Twitter and Instagram to catch up on all the action.)
10. The Sneak-Peek of the August Collection – The August Collection is here, and we’ve deemed it “The Endless Summer.” We’re combining the best-sellers of all our summer collections in an attempt to make summer last a lifetime. We’ll let you know if it ends up working.
9. The Shopping – What’s a Trend Tribe event without a trunk show. The best part: the oh-so-popular Christina Statement Necklace from the March collection made a comeback for a limited time! Doesn’t our new Trendsetter, Lily, look adorable trying it on?
8. The Brookies – That more-than-necessary 3pm coffee break was made even better by beautiful brownies with chocolate chip cookies in the middle, aka “Brookies.” They did not last very long on the dessert table. They’re also our new fave office snack.
7. LinkedIn101 with Jaime Petkanics – Jaime SCHOOLED us in all things LinkedIn and we could not be more grateful. Considering she spent 7 years working as a recruiter for J.P. Morgan Chase and Tory Burch, it’s safe to say our Trendsetters got the best advice in town. Pretty sure everyone went straight to their laptops when they got home to update their profiles! Don’t forget to follow Trend Tribe while you’re at it.
6. The Social Media Workshop with Lily Herman – Lily is an all-around #girlboss. She’s the Co-Founder of The Prospect, was recently named Glamour Magazine’s College Woman of the Year, and used her powers as a social media guru to tell us what time of day you should post to Instagram to get the most likes. We have Lily to thank for all the triple-digit-likes to come.
5. All Of The Pictures – Our Trendsetters snapped pics all day long, and we have QUITE the collection. It’s been a struggle deciding which pictures to post on the Trend Tribe Instagram, but you can see our favorites with the hashtag #TTSummit on Twitter and Instagram!
4. The Fashion Career Panel – When the Fashion Career panelists took the stage, it was a house full of hustlers. Lauren Ashley from Marc Jacobs, Nikki Fjotland from Saks, Alexis Foglia from Ted Baker/Intermix, and Lauren Picciano from Hearst gave our Trendsetters KILLER career advice on how to make it in the fashion industry. #everydaywerehustling
3. Samantha Getting Candid – We’ve heard Samantha’s story from day one, but this summit we got to see a different side. Samantha is a 20-something who, just like us, is on the path to figuring it all out. She gave us reassurance that it’s okay if your finance and accounting friends get full-time offers as juniors in college (and you don’t) … that it’s okay to follow your heart and take the job you love (not the one you think you “should” take) … and that WE are Trend Tribe, and Trendsetters are TRULY going to stand out from the competition and are the next generation of #girlbosses. Oh, and apparently, she’s Blair Waldorf. *Round of Applause for Queen S.*
2. The Tribe Guide – A new school year means a new and improved Campus Ambassador program! Our Trendsetters are getting even more membership perks, including rewards for lifetime sales, and features on the Trend Tribe Blog and website! And there’s now a place where Trendsetters will have access to all things Trend Tribe: The Tribe Guide. It’s basically the Trend Tribe Bible. More on this in the week to come…
1. Our Trendsetters – There was nothing that made us happier than seeing all our Trendsetters at the Summit. We can’t help but brag … our girls are some of the smartest, most driven, and obviously the most fashionable ladies out there. We cannot WAIT to see everything they do not only as a Trendsetter, but as the next generation of power women. We would be nothing without you girls, thank you for making Trend Tribe the company is it today.
With Endless #trendtribelove,
Trend Tribe HQ